Risk Level: High
Cloud Entity: Network security group
CloudGuard Rule ID: D9.AZU.NET.26
Covered by Spectral: Yes
Category: Networking & Content Delivery
NetworkSecurityGroup should not have inboundSecurityRules contain [ destinationPortRanges contain [ destinationPort<=3389 and destinationPortTo>=3389 ] and protocol in ('TCP','All') and action='ALLOW' and sourceAddressPrefixes contain [ '0.0.0.0/0' ] ]
- Navigate to the 'All services'
- Navigate to the Networking, and select 'Network security groups'
- Select the Network security group to be modified
- Under Settings, select 'Inbound security rules'
- Select the rule to be modified and edit it to allow only specific IP addresses or protocols
You can filter network traffic to and from Azure resources in an Azure virtual network with a network security group. A network security group contains security rules that allow or deny inbound network traffic to, or outbound network traffic from, several types of Azure resources.
- AZU PCI-DSS 4.0
- Azure CIS Foundations v. 1.1.0
- Azure CIS Foundations v. 1.2.0
- Azure CIS Foundations v. 1.3.0
- Azure CIS Foundations v. 1.3.1
- Azure CIS Foundations v. 1.4.0
- Azure CIS Foundations v. 1.5.0
- Azure CIS Foundations v.2.0
- Azure CloudGuard Best Practices
- Azure CloudGuard CheckUp
- Azure HITRUST v9.5.0
- Azure NIST 800-53 Rev 5
- CloudGuard Azure All Rules Ruleset
- Microsoft Cloud Security Benchmark
Updated 3 months ago