Risk Level: High
Cloud Entity: AWS Network-Firewall
CloudGuard Rule ID: D9.AWS.NET.66
Covered by Spectral: No
Category: Networking & Content Delivery
NetworkFirewall should not have firewallStatus.status='FAILED'
- Sign in to the AWS console
- In the console, select the specific region
- Navigate to the 'AWS Network Firewall' service.
- In the left pane under 'Network Firewall' click on Firewall.
- Select desired firewall and identify the 'Firewall status'.
From Command Line
You can identify the status of your network firewall by using the following CLI command:
aws network-firewall describe-firewall --region REGION_NAME --firewall-name FIREWALL_NAME
AWS Network Firewall is a managed service that makes it easy to deploy essential network protections for all of your Amazon Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs).AWS Network Firewallï¿½ï¿½ï¿½s flexible rules engine lets you define firewall rules that give you fine-grained control over network traffic, such as blocking outbound Server Message Block (SMB) requests to prevent the spread of malicious act
- AWS CIS Controls V 8
- AWS CloudGuard Best Practices
- AWS CloudGuard SOC2 based on AICPA TSC 2017
- AWS HITRUST
- AWS HITRUST v11.0.0
- AWS ISO27001:2022
- AWS ITSG-33
- AWS MITRE ATT&CK Framework v10
- AWS MITRE ATT&CK Framework v11.3
- AWS NIST 800-53 Rev 5
- CloudGuard AWS All Rules Ruleset
Updated 3 months ago