Risk Level: High
Cloud Entity: Azure Application Gateway
CloudGuard Rule ID: D9.AZU.NET.18
Covered by Spectral: Yes
Category: Networking & Content Delivery
ApplicationGateway should have firewall.enabled or regionalWAFPolicy.policySettings.state='Enabled'
- Navigate to the Application gateways
- For each Application gateway:
- Select Web application firewall from the menu
- Make sure that Firewall Status is enabled and that tier is WAF.
Note: Choosing the WAF tier allows you to enable a web application firewall for enhanced security on your web applications. Changing from the WAF tier to the standard tier is not supported.
Azure Application Gateway gives you application-level routing and load balancing services that let you build a scalable and highly-available web front end in Azure. You control the size of the gateway and scale your deployment based on your needs.
- Azure CSA CCM v.4.0.1
- Azure CloudGuard Best Practices
- Azure CloudGuard CheckUp
- Azure HITRUST v9.5.0
- Azure NIST 800-53 Rev 5
- CloudGuard Azure All Rules Ruleset
Updated 3 months ago