Risk Level: High
Cloud Entity: Azure role-based access control
CloudGuard Rule ID: D9.AZU.IAM.47
Covered by Spectral: No
Category: Security, Identity, & Compliance
RoleAssignment should have (properties contain [getResource('User', principalId) contain [userCredentialRegistrationDetails.isRegisterWithMfa=true]] and properties contain [getResources('RoleDefinition',roleDefinitionId) contain-none [properties.roleName in ('Owner','Contributor')]])
- From Azure Home, select the Portal Menu.
- Select the Azure Active Directory blade.
- Select 'Users'.
- Select All Users.
- Click on Per-User MFA button on the top bar.
- Ensure that for all users MULTI-FACTOR AUTH STATUS is Enabled.
Note: Please note that at the time of writing, there is no API, Azure CLI or Powershell mechanism available to programmatically conduct security assessment or remediation for this recommendation.By default, multi-factor authentication is disabled for all users.
Azure role-based access control (Azure RBAC) is the authorization system you use to manage access to Azure resources. To grant access, you assign roles to users, groups, service principals, or managed identities at a particular scope.
- AZU PCI-DSS 4.0
- Azure CIS Foundations v. 1.5.0
- Azure CIS Foundations v.2.0
- Azure CloudGuard Best Practices
- Azure Dashboard System Ruleset
- Azure NIST 800-53 Rev 5
- CloudGuard Azure All Rules Ruleset
Updated 4 months ago